As part of your course you will receive a downloadable workbook with over 100 worksheets to help you learn job search fundamentals.
These worksheets are usually only available to for in-person workshops and institutional access, but sign-up today and you'll receive a free copy as part of your course.
Negotiating: After the Job Offer
Complete the course and you'll get a bonus webinar on negotiating your first job offer.
You've got your job search underway and we know you'll do great--use this webinar to help you during your first job offer!
Learn what the fundamental steps of the job search are and how to implement them in YOUR job search.
Set clear strategies for completing the 4-step job search process.
Learn how to identify and articulate your transferable skills and value as a PhD.
Learn how to write winning job search documents.
Learn how to set attainable goals in your search.
What is included in this course?
The course includes 8 modules and over 10 hours of webinar (video) instruction to help you work through your job search.
You will also receive a workbook (PDF) that includes coaching notes from Maren and Jen and over 100 worksheets to help you learn job search fundamentals.
After the course, receive a certificate of completion that can be added to your LinkedIn profile.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The course is self-paced. You'll receive all the course materials at once, and can proceed as fast or as slow as you'd like! (As long as you complete it within 60 days of purchase.)
We know you're busy, though, which is why we've designed the course to take place over 8 weeks across 8 modules. But you can absolutely do more than one module a week!
Each week's module takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete, depending on how long you spend completing the exercises.
What if I have questions?
We know you sometimes need 1:1 support and coaching, and we're happy to provide students of the course with personalized coaching sessions.
If you're going through the course and find you need more tailored advice, you'll be able to book a session with Maren and Jen by emailing: email@example.com.
- About this Course
- Download Your Workbook
- Before we begin...
- About Introduction to the Job Search
- Launch Your Non-Faculty Job Search with Beyond the Professoriate
- QUIZ: Launch Your Non-Faculty Job Search
- Stages of the Job Search Process
- QUIZ: Stages of the Job Search Process
- About Explore Career Options
- How to Deal with the Emotional Aspects of Leaving Academia
- QUIZ: How to Deal with the Emotional Aspects of Leaving Academia
- How to Make Good Career Decisions after your PhD or Postdoc
- QUIZ: How to Make Good Career Decisions after your PhD or Postdoc
- About Using Assessment to Find Your Next Career
- How to Use Assessments to Find Your Next Career
- QUIZ: How to Use Assessments to Find Your Next Career
- About Identifying Transferable Skills
- How to Pitch Yourself to Employers
- QUIZ: How to Pitch Yourself to Employers
- About Writing Professional Documents
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- QUIZ: Resume & Cover Letters
- About Social Media and the Job Search
- Personal Branding & Social Media for the Job Search
- QUIZ: Personal Branding & Social Media for the Job Search
- How PhDs Can Use LinkedIn Effectively During a Job Search
- QUIZ: How PhDs Can Use LinkedIn Effectively During a Job Search
- About Networking
- How to Network for Career Success
- QUIZ: How to Network for Career Success
- Making the Most of Informational Interviews
- QUIZ: Making the Most of Informational Interviews
- About Interviewing
- How to Articulate Your Transition Story in a Non-Academic Interview
- QUIZ: How to Articulate Your Transition Story in a Non-Acacademic Interview
- How to Prepare for a Non-Academic Interview
- QUIZ: How to Prepare for a Non-Academic Interview
- Bonus: Negotiating a Job Offer
- How to Negotiate & Accept a Non-Academic Job Offer
- QUIZ: How to Negotiate & Accept a Non-Academic Job Offer
- Congrats! Here's what's next...
- Before you go ...